What inspires you? Do you see yourself driving growth for Accudata, identifying new opportunities and helping customers find the right technical solutions for their business needs? Could you thrive as an integral member of our sales organization?
If you answered YES! to the above questions, we have an exciting opportunity for you! We are looking for a Data Center Solutions Architect in the Houston area with a focus on Converged Infrastructure and Cloud Infrastructure Solutions. Are you up for the challenge?
This is a technical sales support role for our account management team. Your ability to clearly articulate Data Center Convergence, Infrastructure as a Service and other Cloud Infrastructure solutions to our existing customer base and prospects is essential.
Your involvement in our opportunities will start with the initial customer meeting and continue through the design phases of the solution. You must be a self-starter and require minimal supervision with strong technical and design skills and in-depth knowledge of multi-site, mixed technology enterprise environments. This position requires excellent communications skills (written and verbal) plus the ability to work as part of a team.
Skills you need for success:
- Desire to be in a sales driven 100% customer facing role
- Ability to deliver well crafted and detailed Statements of Work
- Ability to deliver accurate Bill of Materials in short timeframes
- Must be able to effectively manage your own time & calendar
- A strong understanding of data center, networking and security best practices and concepts is required.
- Must be able to quickly learn several products across a wide range of network & security technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of Cisco Converged Infrastructure technologies is required – (Cisco Nexus, Cisco UCS, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Compute and Storage solutions is required – (HPE, Cisco and Dell EMC, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Data Protection solutions is required – (VEEAM, Cohesity, Rubrik, VMware, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Server Virtualization and VDI technologies is required – (Citrix and VMware)
- Strong working knowledge of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Disaster Recover-as-a-Service (DRaaS) concepts is required.
- Strong working knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure Solutions like Cisco Powered Cloud, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Cloud consumption models is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Cloud business use cases and workload types is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Cloud automation tools and use cases is preferred.
Focused Sales Responsibilities:
- Customer Presentations – Seminars/Conferences
- Statements of Work
- Bill of Materials and Service Contracts
- Evals, Demo or POC for Customer
- Develop/Maintain Sales Solution Kits
- Assist customers with VDI initiatives, including matching requirements to right vendor
- Assist customers with design, and architecture of Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Assist customers with understanding, selecting, and migrating to appropriate Cloud Solutions
This position will require a fair amount of local travel within the greater Dallas area and some day trips for sales calls in Houston and Central Texas. Occasional overnight trips may be required for training, seminars, or vendor events.