Accudata Systems is seeking a help desk technician for our managed services department. The help desk technician’s primary responsibility is to provide exceptional customer support while providing technical support by phone, email, and onsite for our customers.
What you need for success:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- A passion for learning technology.
- Ability to provide necessary written documentation and knowledge transfer to customers during and after project implementations.
- The ability to travel up to 25% (usually in Texas).
Experience with the following required:
- PC hardware repair on desktops and laptops
- Windows OS installation, reloading, and data migrations
- Basic routers, switches, wireless and security technologies
- Basic Windows Server administration for end-user needs (AD, DNS, DHCP)
- Familiar with Windows Server operating systems (2008 R2+)
- Basic Networking (TCP/IP, SSH, DHCP)
Optional but recommended:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (or working towards one). Equivalent working experience will be considered as well.
- A minimum of one year in a help desk or desktop support environment.
- Entry level Microsoft certifications are preferred.
- Entry level Cisco certifications are preferred.
This job will be based in Houston, but will require some travel to support projects based in other Accudata Systems locations. Accudata offers an excellent compensation plan, a benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, AD&D, flex and 401k, and a challenging yet stable work environment.